AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“Need to mix real-world experience as well as knowledge of materials thoroughly. Do not approach the exam assuming it tests the memorization of facts. Rather it tests your knowledge, application and analysis.”|
Swaheed shared his PMP® journey after passing the PMI® PMP® Certification Exam on first attempt.
- The PMP® application process is not an easy task. It might take you several days to fill in all the required information, especially the working experience.
- You will need to mix real-world experience and the knowledge from PMBOK® Guide Guide thoroughly. It is not just a memorization of facts from the Guide. You cannot rely on your real-world experience only.
- Study hard! There is no shortcut except studying hard.
- Do not try to memorize the ITTOs, rather relate them to your real work experience.
- Understand “PMI®-ism” and be familiar with the language of PMI®.
- Practice answering mock questions and keep track your timing.
- Work on the calculation and formula questions until you are confident enough.
- Practice brain dump, e.g. formulas and process chart
- Plan your exam strategy in advance, when to take breaks, when to have snacks, etc.
- For difficult questions, do not get annoyed or frustrated, try an answer and move on.
- Do not over study. Relax before the exam.
- Visit the exam venue before to familiarize yourself with the traffic and environment.
- Do not expect the exam room to be very quiet.
- Smile and breathe deeply during the exam to relax.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Swaheed