AT A GLANCE
Lokesh Rajendran passed my PMP® exam on the first try. Here he shares his lessons learned and experience.
- Simplilearn Online course – for the 35 Contact Hours Certificate
- Read Rita’s PMP® Book from cover to cover
- Skimmed through PMBOK® Guide Guide once
- Attempted as many as 3000 practice exam questions, including PM FASTrack, Simplilearn, PMZilla, Oliver Lehmann, etc. (of these Simplilearn’s PMP® practice questions are very close to real PMP® exam)
My PMP® Experience
- The real PMP® exam took me 3.5 hours while normal practice exams took 2 hours only. Need to have better time management during the real exam.
- Completing many practice exams helped me to solve real PMP® questions, especially the lengthy and wordy ones.
- Need to practice sitting continuously and maintaining concentration for 4 hrs. This helped a lot on the real exam.
- The PMBOK® Guide summary and glossary at the end is very useful for last minute revision
- You should also understand and memorize the process chart in the PMBOK® Guide
- Risk Management is an important topic
- Focus more on understanding and applying the ITTOs
- No need to spend too much time on calculations and formulas
- Prepare for the PMP® exam with one exam prep study material in addition to PMBOK® Guide
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Lokesh Rajendran