AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
|Rita’sHead First PMP®Kim Heldman|
Mock Exams Attempted
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“Though, before scheduling the exam I was also reading but the passion and enthusiasm reached at the top when I scheduled the exam.”|
Mohammad Fahad Usmani have passed his PMP® Certification Exam. He provided here his journey and lesson learned to become a PMP®.
- Before joining the project management training program, I was not very well aware of the PMBOK® Guide Guide. I suffered a lot because of my unpreparedness for the training. Every concepts seem new to me and it is difficult to catch up.
- I got Head First PMP® book for reading which helped me understand the concepts very well.
- I then joined the PMI® membership and applied for the PMP® Certification Exam.
- After a several months, I then decided to schedule the exam data. My passion and enthusiasm reached at the top after I have scheduled the exam.
- It took me 2 1/2 hours to clear the PMP® exam.
- Become a PMI® member and get involved with the local chapter. Meet other PMP®s and ask for their guidance and lessons learned.
- Buy any two good PMP® Reference books and study them – the Head First PMP® book is very good in explaining the concepts clearly; Kim Heldman’s book for the PMP® Exam Preparation is the best book as it will clear your all doubts about the concepts and it is very detailed; or Rita Mulcahy’s book for PMP® Exam Preparation, a very famous book for PMP® preparation
- Download the PMBOK® Guide Guide from the PMI® website and read it as many times as you have time (I read it five times).
- Get the 35 contact hours from any trusted provider which will help you with the PMP® exam.
- Apply for the exam and once you get the approval to exam, schedule a date immediately.
- Don’t worry about memorizing the Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs (ITTOs). Try to understand them.
- Give special attention to Initiating and Closing Process Groups. Make sure you score well in these domains.
- I did not try any exam simulator. The questions provided in the exam prep books are enough for me.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Mohammad Fahad Usmani