AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“Remember to take note and read your notebook during the final phrase of your study!”|
Poon Fan Fong passed the PMP® for 2 months’ study with first attempt. He got proficient in all domains!
Here is My Lessons Learned
- Very important to set up a Project Plan for the PMP® study and preparation from the beginning.
- PM PrepCast™ video training helped a lot.
- 1st week — read the PMBOK® Guide Guide, took notes during reading
- 2nd week — attempted some practice exam questions, around 50 questions at a time. You will find the knowledge gaps with the practice exams.
- 3rd-4th week — review PMBOK® Guide Guide as well as other PMP® exam prep books (usually one exam prep book is sufficient, too many books may just confuse you). If you are too tired with a topic, switch to another topic or do some calculation questions.
- 5th week — try full-length 4-hour 200 questions practice exams (2 sets should be enough) and again find out weak areas for further study. Remember to take note of your mistakes.
- 6th-7th week — listen to The PM PrepCast™ video training again for areas your are weak or unsure. The PM PrepCast™ course gives clear and concise explanations to difficult concepts with many examples. Take notes during your study. May attempt more PMP® practice questions.
- 8th week — Review all your notes and do 1 to 2 full-length practice PMP® exams
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Poon Fan Fong