AT A GLANCE
Olawande James Oluwatomi passed the PMP® exam in the second try. Below are his lessons learned:
My Lessons Learnt
- Never ‘crash’ the preparation of the PMP® exam. Reading an exam prep book and doing some practice questions are not enough.
- Choose a good exam prep book. Rita’s approach is the PMI® approach and she wrote in the PMI® style. Read Rita’s book and you will understand the PMBOK® Guide much better.
- Never memorize any of those input,tools and techniques and outputs, you only need to know what each of these ITTO do and understand them. There are hardly any direct questions asking you about the ITTOs.
- Calculation questions are not complex. Know the formulas and you should be okay with them.
- Be consistent in your preparation. Don’t overstudy an area and leave others untouched. I concentrated in more in some process area than other in the first attempt.
- Take a bold step with enough preparation and you will pass the PMP® exam.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Olawande James Oluwatomi