AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
|Head First PMP®Rita’s|
Mock Exams Attempted
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“Getting the PMP® is not the final destination, the new knowledge gained will be applied in my daily work to perfect my project management skills and deliver more success.”|
The author passed the PMP® exam and below is his lessons learned:
- Week 1-4: Read Head First PMP® to understand the basic knowledge. Do not try to memorize the knowledge this time. Do all chapter end questions (~300 questions in total). The emphasis is on understanding, especially the calculation formulas.
- Week 5-7: Read Rita’s PMP® Prep Book to know what PMI®-ism is (see project management the PMI®’s way). Remember to go through Risk Management, Procurement Management, Integration Management, as they are the most difficult knowledge areas in PMP® Exam. The Head First PMP® is not enough for these chapters.
- Week 8-11: Attempted practice questions using PM FASTrack to try to identify your weak areas. Go back to the exam prep book if needed.
- You can view PM PrepCast™ using your smartphone or tablet whenever you are which is very convenient.
- Understand the whole project management processes by playing Rita Game Online, it gives you the big picture of all the project management processes and how they fit together.
- After you have finished studying, look for most confused concepts and see if you understand them correctly.
- Do the practice exams as early as possible to understand and focus on your weak areas.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Anonymous