AT A GLANCE
MI, United States
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“Most importantly, my focus was on quality (passing the exam on the very first attempt). Therefore, I was flexible on schedule and cost.”|
Raman Sharma shares his lessons learned for the project of ‘taking the PMP® exam and passing it on first attempt’:
- Read the PMBOK® Guide Guide twice.
- Took around 30 practice exams (~50 questions). Referred the PMBOK® Guide guide for wrong answers on the practice exams.
- Made sure not to score lower than 70% in any of the questions for the five process groups.
- Practiced dumping the brain dump contents until very comfortable in doing so.
- Focused on passing the PMP® in one try, kept schedule and cost flexible.
- Visited the exam venue 3 days in advance..
What would have done better:
- Need to schedule the exam date earlier.
- I did not study using a PMP® exam prep book which may shorten my preparation time.
- Keep a laser focus on PMP® exam rather than do multiple things during the preparation.
- Need to refer to PMBOK® Guide Guide for explanation of wrong answers, don’t rely on explanations from practice test authors.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Raman Sharma