AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“I have finished the first 45 questions when something happened that I did not expect. While I was reading a rather difficult and very wordy question my PC switched off!”|
Laszlo J.Kremmer passed my PMP® exam in first attempt. His studying process and technique were rather straight forward but the PMP® exam was way more challenging owing to an incident, more on this below.
PMP® Study Plan
- I had a very simple but effective study approach. I used Rita’s PMP® prep materials including Rita’s PMP® Exam Prep Book and PM FASTrack.
- I read the PMBOK® Guide Guide to understand all project management processes. I then studied hard by reading the Rita’s PMP® Exam Prep Book. I finished all of the chapter exercises. My scores for the chapter end questions were around 85%.
- I then attempted the PM FASTrack, using the Knowledge Area questions.
- I also used flashcards to memorize important facts.
- I also purchased the PM PrepCast™ and listened to the course after reading one chapter from Rita’s book.
- I created a brain dump of all PMP® formulas.
The PMP® Exam
- In the beginning, everything is fine.
- However, the room suddenly become very quite.
- I had answered the first 45 questions when my computer suddenly switched off.
- There was a power outage of the building of the exam venue. The inside was very dark, only with some emergency light bulbs.
- The staff of the centre immediately came in and informed us of the official processes. If power doesn’t resume after 30 minutes, the PMP® exam has to be rescheduled.
- Finally, after 29 minutes 10 seconds the power resumed.
- The staff tried to turn on the computers and allow us to continue where we were. However, I had to switch the computer as my own computer did not work.
- The exam questions were similar in level of difficulty to the PM FASTrack. Only that the network diagrams were rather tricky.
- There were also some calculation questions which were not so difficult, just had around 80% distractor information.
- I took a break as I was too tired.
- Marking questions for review during the exam will free up your brain and allows you to concentrate on the question to come.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Laszlo J.Kremmer