AT A GLANCE
Sfinxstone passed the PMP® exam in first try and is PMP® certified. Below is his lessons learned:
PMP® Study PMP®
- Attended Rita’s PMP® Exam Prep Course for 4 full-days
- Read Rita’s PMP® Exam Prep thrice
- Read the PMBOK® Guide Guide twice. If your mother tongue is not English, it is recommended to read the English version of the PMBOK® Guide Guide if you would attempt the PMP® exam in English.
- Play the Rita Process Game to understand the project management processes sequence
- Use PM FAStrack for practice exams
- Search the internet for definition and application of difficult terms.
The PMP® Exam
- Went to the exam venue 30 minutes earlier
- You must start the tutorial before making your own brain dump, otherwise, your PMP® exam might just ended
- I included the planning processes in sequence in the brain dump. The formulas from earned value management and communication were also included.
- I tried to read the exam questions very carefully.
- Had good exam time management
- Remember to not let the family, phone calls, other friends, Facebook updates, screening movies, soap operas or other distractions to interfere with your PMP® preparation.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Sfinxstone