AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
|PM StudySimplilearnPM FASTrack||
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“I didn’t memorize the ITTOs, but the more I studied the PMBOK® Guide, the more I understood the processes and their related tools and techniques.”|
Moe Thebaiti passed the project management professional exam. She took the PMP® exam twice. The first time she underestimated the preparation efforts and did not pass.
FIRST PMP® TRY: FAIL
- Only depended on Rita’s book.
- Took three months to read Rita’s cover to cover twice.
- Could barely finish the 200 questions in the real exam.
- Not to underestimate the PMP® exam, it’s tough
- Do not depend on only one resource for your study
- Need to do practice exams more
SECOND PMP® TRY: PASS
- Read PMBOK® Guide thrice
- Read Rita’s PMP® Book twice
- Practice with Rita’s FASTrack
- Read Kim Heldman’s PMP® Book once
- Created my own notes
- Did 4 Simplilearn practice exams
- Did 3 pmstudy.com practice exams
- Studied 5-6 hours daily
- Didn’t memorize the ITTOs, try to understand the processes and the tools and techniques.
- I decided to practice more and more on the practice exams for this time to look for knowledge gaps.
- My score for practice exams went from around 60% to around 80%.
The Exam Day
- I couldn’t sleep well out of nervousness.
- I didn’t study the day before the exam to try to relax.
- I went through my notes just before the exam.
- I wrote the 42 processes along with the 8 strategies for risk management as my brain dump.
- I finished the 200 questions in three hours and twenty minutes.
- I took a break and review the 17 marked questions. I only changed three answers.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Moe Thebaiti