PMP® Project Management Professional Study Guide
The PMP® Book by Joseph Philips is among the most popular Project Management Professional Exam study and preparation guides available in the market. It provides a full coverage of all the exam syllabus as outlined in the PMP® exam outline published by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) for the most updated version of the PMP® exam.
Don’t be confused by the edition number of this PMP® book (currently in its 4th edition) which has nothing to do with the current edition of the PMBOK® Guide Guide. The fact that this book was first published after the publication of the latest PMBOK® Guide Guide tells you it is updated for the updated PMP® exam syllabus. This PMP® book is published by McGraw-Hill Osborne Media.
Features of the PMP® Book
- The content provides 100% coverage of the subject matters a PMP® aspirant needs to study and understand for the certification examination
- Helps aspirants to understand their readiness for the real PMP® exam with a “Exam Readiness Checklist”. Students will be able to check whether they have successfully studied all the exam topics
- Key topics to be tested on the real exam will be highlighted in the “Inside the Exam” sections which are to be found for every chapter
- After each chapter, there are also “Two-minute Drills” for students to assess their understanding of the topic, which can also be used for last minute review
- The practice exam questions included in this book are especially tailored to match the format and difficulty of the actual PMP® exam, students will be able to gain a hands-on experience of what the PMP® exam is like
- All the examination topics are fully covered, including:
- Project Initiation
- Project Life Cycle and the Organization
- Project Management Processes
- Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resources Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
- PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- The PMP® book is also accompanied with many electronic resources on the bundled CD, including:
- Two full PMP® practice exams in the form of exam simulator, all answers are fully explained and details reports on the strengths and weaknesses of the candidate will also be provided to assist planning study focuses
- Video training recording by the author Joseph Philips to explain the PMP® concepts in a visual way
- Quick Review Guide for the Inputs, Tools & Techniques, and Outputs (ITTO) for last minute revision
- PMP® Exam Cheat Sheets – a collection of the must know concepts and topics for the PMP® exam
- Worksheets to provide further practice on Earned Value Calculation, a topic which is considered most difficult for the PMP® exam
- A PDF file of the PMP® Book which allows students to read the book on iPad, Android tablets and more
- A downloadable project management process review quiz is also included if the student registers online
Dianne S prepared for her PMP® exam focusing on this PMP® study guide only as she found that the PMBOK® Guide Guide was a difficult and dry read. She went through this book from cover to cover, attempting all the quiz questions. She was especially impressed with the “Inside the Exam” sections which gave her a clear instruction on what to memorize for the PMP® exam. All these helped her to pass the exam in first try.
Susan D. Ward reviewed that the PMP® book was well written and organized. She could read through it easily with the light and “breezy” style of writing, unlike the PMBOK® Guide Guide which all the formally written text. The practice questions were also well written and abundant, which provided the necessary practice for the real exam. She thought the appendix on “Critical Exam Information” was especially useful to anyone pursuing the PMP® Certification.
Gabriel Young, a trainer for the PMP® certification, considered this book to be of excellent quality. The content was well organized with a lot of useful information and details. The inclusion of two full-length practice exam was a great value as it was deemed important to take at least a number of 4-hour practice exams before the real exam. This book is also a real bargain for it selling price, well suited for budget students.
About the Author
Joseph Phillips, PMP®, CompTIA Project+ , is an experienced project management consultant and a project management educator with over 10 years of extensive experience in leading examination preparation courses for the PMP® exam and other project management certification. He has also created training courses for project management educators, providing with both the hard and soft skills for being a successful and effective trainer.
Preview of this PMP® Study Guide
This book is available for preview at Amazon (The links to Amazon are affiliate links, meaning that your purchase through this link will allow me to earn a little money to keep this website running, thank you!). You just need to click on the following link first and click on the PMP® book cover image on the top left hand corner and you will be able to preview a number of pages of this book for free.