AT A GLANCE
Rohit Pande passed the PMP® Certification exam. Below are his lessons learned:
- Began with PM PrepCast™ for getting 35 contact hours of formal project management education.
- Read PMBOK® Guide in parallel at the same time.
- Attempted various short PMP® quizzes to assess my exam readiness
- Purchased and read Rita’s PMP® Exam prep book in parallel with PMBOK® Guide Guide, got the following scores on practice exams:
- Went through Rita and PMBOK® Guide the second time, paying more attention to the knowledge gaps as indicated in the practice exam results.
- Purchased Rita FASTrack and attempted the practice exams:
- Rita PMP®: 82%
- Rita super PMP®: 76%
- PM Study test4(purchased): 92%
- Rita all Knowledge area tests average: 88%
- Began the real PMP® exam a bit nervous, but became comfortable after first 10 mins.
- Completed 200 questions in a bit less than 3 hours and reviewed all marked question in another 30 mins.
- Went through the first 100 questions again for the next 30 minutes
- Got proficient level in all domains.
- Key learning: Try to understand PMBOK® Guide word by word, you can get correct answers to the PMP® exam easily.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Rohit Pande