AT A GLANCE
Alex Siow passed the PMP® exam in first try. Here is his lessons learned:
- Study Materials: Rita Mulcahy’s PMP® Exam Prep, PMBOK® Guide Guide, PM FASTrack PMP® Exam Simulation Software
- Had to utilized every minute of lunch time to study and often study till late night
- Read the Rita Mulcahy’s PMP® Exam Prep thoroughly once to catch up with the gaps between what I have already known about Project Management and what is expected by Project Management Institute (PMI®)
- I then played the Rita Process Chart game to get an overview of how the various processes fit into the five process groups
- Then I read the PMBOK® Guide Guide once. The PMBOK® Guide presented a good overview of the five process groups and nine knowledge areas. The PMBOK® Guide Guide did strengthen the understanding of the relationship between the five process groups and nine knowledge areas.
- Finally, I used the PM FASTrack PMP® Exam Simulation Software for final preparation. I spent substantial amount of time doing these simulation test but it really prepared me well for the real four hours exam.
- The PMP® exam is really a tough exam so you need to plan your study well and don’t run behind schedule.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Alex Siow