AT A GLANCE
Saad Al Naib passed the PMP® Exam with two attempts. Here is his lesson learned for the second try:
- I tried to relax after the first fail and began studying from scratches for the second try.
- I read the Headfirst PMP® and skim over the PMBOK® Guide Guide, this took me 1 1/2 months. I
- I purchased the PM PrepCast™ to help my preparation. I took notes while watching video lessons, the PM PrepCast™ solidified my understanding of the concept and I could work at my own pace.
- I made use of other resources like BrainBOK for ITTO’s to be better prepared for the PMP® exam.
- I did all the 9 four-hour practice exams from the PM Exam Simulator.
- I started reading the PMBOK® Guide Guide in parallel. The reading of PMBOK® Guide Guide was easy as I have gotten the basic understanding of all PMBOK® Guide concepts.
- One week before exam, I began skimming the PMBOK® Guide Guide faster and stopped only on topics which were important.
- One day before exam, I took a half day off for relaxation.
- I ate an banana before entering the exam venue for adding energy.
- Many people chatted in the exam waiting room which I did not like. I just relaxed.
- I was not allowed to bring my own ear plugs to the exam room. I did my brain dump during the preparation time.
- I did not take breaks as planned as I was too tired after 75 questions. I was hoping to take a bread after each 100 questions.
- Have a positive attitude and be persistent in reaching your goals of being certified as a PMP®.
- Have fun during your PMP® journey
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Saad Al Naib