AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
|Rita’s PMP® Book|
Mock Exams Attempted
PM Exam Simulator
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“Lots of questions on project charter, stakeholder and risk management . Hardly 2 questions on ITTO.”|
My study plan was as below
- I studied for at least 8 hours daily 20 days before the exam.
- I referred Rita ‘s exam prep 8th edition (also referred to the addendum from website for the exam changes).
- I read throughly PMBOK® Guide two times cover to cover.
- I solved all questions after each chapter in Rita’s book.
- I solved exam on Headfirst (75%) , Oliver (65%) , questions from Cornelius (75%) after finishing reading Rita and PMBOK® Guide Guide.
- 3 days before the exam I did solve at least 11 exams which were of 50 questions each from the Christopher scoro book ( on average I scored 75% each test).
- I didn’t study the exam day (18th Jan).
- In the real PMP® exam, the questions were a bit tougher and more confusing compared to all the exams mentioned above.
- I noticed the questions didn’t have options like ‘except’ or ‘what would you do first ‘but they were straightforward ‘what would you do’ and all 4 options looked right . There were many of these types.
- There were less than 10 questions involving mathematical calculations ( I was banking on them and I was a bit let down).
- Lots of questions on project charter, stakeholder and risk management . Hardly 2 questions on ITTO.
Hope this is helpful to all future candidates .
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Sanat Lyer
Free! We have analyzed 100+ Lessons Learned by successful PMP Exam takers and compile a 9 page report on PMP Exam Preparation FAQ Answered by 100+ Recent PMPs. Indispensable for your PMP exam preparation! Exploit it NOW!