AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“I have read somewhere our life is not enough to learn from our own mistakes, so I tried to understand what I can plan better. I guess that’s what LESSON LEARNT are for.”|
Ahirjoy Biswas passed the PMP® exam after 2.5 months of studying. Here are his PMP® lessons learned.
- Purchased the PM PrepCast™ to get the required 35 contact hours of project management training.
- Applied for the PMP® exam and got approved.
- Registered and participated in PMP® forum like PMZilla, PMHub and DeepFriedBrain.
- Members of the forums are very helpful.
- There are lots of good lessons learned and study materials.
- Signed up good PMP® e-newsletters:
- Enrolled in some online study groups like: yahoo PMP® groups, [email protected], PMP®[email protected]
- Read Andy Crowe for 1 time to build the foundation.
- Read Rita Mulcahy’s PMP® book for 1 time that contains many exam tips like PMI®-isms, a good collection of situational practice questions and many more.
- Read the above two books in parallel chapter by chapter.
- Read the PMBOK® Guide Guide once, this guide of of very high quality and is an excellent reference for the PMP® exam. I went over the glossary twice.
Monitoring and Controlling
Many free quality exams are available:
There are also a great number of quality paid practice exams:
- PM Exam Simulator
- Rita’s PM FASTrack
Practice Exam Tips:
- Mark and review any questions you answer by guessing
- Make notes of your mistakes for last minute revision
- During the first 15 minutes of the tutorial time, I wrote down all the processes by knowledge areas and process groups and all the earned value formulas
- Try to keep calm and be focussed
- Questions were quite easy if you have studied Rita’s PMP® Book from cover to cover.
- I used the brain dump for the situational questions to decide the best course of next action based on the logics
- There were just a few questions on ITTO’s which were quite easy. I did not memorize all the ITTO’s.
- Took one break during the exam.
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Ahirjoy Biswas