AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
|4 Free Online Mock Exams||
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“At last what earned me the PMP® credential was 4 months of rigorous study and then on the day of the test ‘4 Hours of Non-Stop Critical Thinking’.”|
Manish Kumar began preparing for the PMP® Certification exam in July 2013. He studied for 4 months and finally passed the PMP® exam with one attempt. Below is his lessons learned:
- I spent 2.5 to 3 hour every weekdays and 6 to 10 hours on weekends on the PMP® preparation.
- 35 contact hours – PM PrepCast™: I could study using PrepCast on my phone whenever time allows and repeat the lessons when needed. I could listen to it while driven to work and on the way back.
- Books – PMBOK® Guide Guide and Rita’s PMP® book : PMBOK® Guide Guide should be read at least once while Rita’s thrice. But while reading the third time, I was at a loss when reading something that I though I have never read before. I then realized that I have over-studied. (Ironically, Rita’s last chapter is ‘Do not over study‘.)
- Practice exams –
- During the exam, I aimed at solving 25 questions every 30 minute.
- I did not practice brain dump as I realized that I did not need to refer to it while doing the practice exams.
- I was struck with hunger half way through the exam. Do eat enough before the exam.
~ PMP® Exam Lessons Learned by Manish Kumar