AT A GLANCE
No. of Attempt
Mock Exams Attempted
Head FirstOliver Lehman
PMBOK® Guide Read
|“After coming here I realized the risk of time constraint, (its June already) and couldn’t do everything that was planned. Since I anticipated this and created a contingency plan…”|
Kamesh Ganesan have successfully passed the exam in my first try.Below are his lessons learned.
- Registered with PMI® as a member in September and then got the the 35 Contact Hours with the PM PrepCast™. Applied for PMP® Exam in November.
- Prepare a plan for the PMP® Certification study:
- Owing to the hectic work schedule, the original plan did not work. So the actual execution would be:
- Listened to The PM PrepCast™ 3 times.
- Read PMBOK® Guide 2 times.
- Read Rita PMP® book 3 times.
- Practiced around 3000 practice exam questions.
- Didn’t memorize ITTO’s, instead just tried to understood the concepts
Monitoring and Control Process
- Committed at least 3 hours daily for PMP® preparation.
- Tried as many sample questions as possible.
- Actual exam questions was not as difficult as expected
- Took a break after 100 questions and another after 200 questions
- PMP® certification requires lots of preparation, understanding, experience and patience
~ PMP® Lessons Learned by Kamesh Ganesan