How to Make Full Use of Practice Exams?
- Keep a record of the scores you have gotten
- Mark down the questions you have guessed during the practice exams
- Review all questions that you’ve got wrong answers
- Understand your knowledge gaps and pay attention to those in your next study
- Look for tricky questions
- Keep a record of careless mistakes
- Try “exam simulators”, i.e. those that have an interface resembling the real PMP® exam
- Take full length (4 hours) PMP® practice exams several times
- Try only the reliable practice exams
- Score at least 70%-80% in mock exams and you will be ready for the real exam
- Take as many mock exams as you can
- If you have scheduled the exam in the afternoon, practice the mock exams in the afternoon
- Search through lessons learned from other successful PMP®s for results they have gotten in the same sets of questions to assess your likelihood of passing the exam
- Try PMP® practice questions from different publishers to familiarize yourself with different writing styles
Quality Free Practice Exams – Where to Find?
There are plenty of free mock exams on the internet. However the quality is not always guaranteed. One PMP®s even suggests avoiding spending any time on free mock exams as the quality is uncertain. Yet many PMP®s have tried several quality free mock exams which they find very useful to assess the study progress, these include:
- PM Study
- The Scordo questions
- Mock exams by Oliver Lehmanns
- Exam Central
- Head First Exam
Where to Find More PMP® Practice Exams?
In case you have exploited all the quality free mock PMP® exams and would like to practice more, there are a number of paid mock exams renowned for their quality and resemblance to the real PMP® Exam. In fact, many of the PMP®s who pass the PMP® Exam with flying colors (i.e. many proficient) take advantage of these quality exams:
Note: represents the relative rank; represents the number of mentions in the lessons learned.
- 4th: Simplilearn with 10 mentions
Difficulties of Practice Exams vs PMI® PMP® Exam?
Maybe owing to the randomness of the questions on the PMP® Exam, some PMP®s find it easier to finish the PMP® Exam while others find the mock exams easier. Be prepared!
Any Other Tried and Trusted Free Online Resources?
Below is a list of tried and trusted free online resources many of the PMP®s recommend. These are of very high quality considering the fact that they are freely available:
- PMP® exam newsletters, e.g. PM PrepCast™ weekly e-newsletter
- PMP® study forums, to ask questions and read others point of views
- Online materials (YouTube, podcasts, LinkedIn)
- Rita Game Online, to see how all the PM Processes fit together
We have also compiled a big list of trusted quality FREE PMP® Certification Online resources.