CAPM®/PMP® Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide
The CAPM®/PMP® Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide by Joseph Philips, as its name suggests, is an all-in-one PMP® book ideal for the preparation of the Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification exam as well as the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) exam, both are administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). The All-in-One PMP® Exam Guide is based on the most current version of the PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge) Guide. It contains all the information a CAPM®/PMP® candidate would need to know and study in order to pass the CAPM®/PMP® exam.
The PMP® book is intended to assist students to self-study for the certification exams with a structured approach. In the beginning of each chapter is the “Learning Objectives” to give an overview of what will be covered in the chapter as well as the CAPM®/PMP® exam syllabus for that topic. The meat of each chapter is the detailed yet light explanation of the concepts of the PMBOK® Guide Guide, in a language that readers will find it entertaining. Ample everyday examples are included to explain the concepts in a lively way. References are made to the PMBOK® Guide Guide so that if the students would like to study this PMP® book with the PMBOK® Guide Guide, they will know where to follow. At the end of each chapter are examination tips and practice exam questions. Detailed explanation to the practice questions are also included. These would help students to fully grasp the information facts and concepts for the actual exam as well as understand their progress and readiness for the exam.
The book also comes with a wealth of study materials for PMP® aspirants, including:
- Additional 750 CAPM® and PMP® practice exam questions. Students can choose to test them on a specific domain or take the full-length 4-hour mock PMP® exam. Take the chapter end practice questions into account, this PMP® book alone provides over 1000 practice questions which would be enough for most certification aspirants.
- Bonus process review quiz – this review quiz allows students to test whether they are familiar with the processes as defined in the PMBOK® Guide Guide
- One hour of video training – this video training is led by the author Joseph Philips himself and can be used as a condensed review for the CAPM®/PMP® exam.
- Process ITTO Quick Review Guide – this guide provides an overview of all the ITTO’s of the project management processes in a concise format and is great for use as a last minute revision aid.
- CAPM®/PMP® Exam Cheat Sheets – The cheat sheets contain all the essential information and concepts required for the actual exam. This combined with the ITTO review guide gives the candidate a valuable study notes for the last few days of exam preparation.
- PDF eBook of the All-in-one PMP® Study Guide – if you own a kindle or tablet, this PDF e-book will allow you to study for the CAPM®/PMP® exam everywhere without the need to bring the heavy printed book with you.
Robert Coleman found that this PMP® book offered great value for money. The book was suitable for both CAPM® and PMP® Certification exam, meaning that one could buy it once and prepare for both exams. Also, as this book covered all the contents of the PMBOK® Guide Guide, it would free the reader the need to purchase the PMBOK® Guide Guide for additional reference. The book also included a lot of resources for exam preparation, including the chapter end reviews and practice questions, definition of key terms in the chapters, CAPM® and PMP® exam taking tips, a video lesson and an exam simulator with 750 questions. Additional contents on the ethnics as well as essential knowledge for the exam are also included. He commented that this book alone was enough for CAPM®/PMP® aspirants to prepare and pass the exams with ease.
Mike Green used this book to prepare for his CAPM® exam and found it very useful. He could manage to pass the CAPM® exam with the first attempt. He reviewed that this All-in-one Exam Prep Guide presented the concepts in the PMBOK® Guide Guide in an easy-to-understand way by simplifying the project management processes. The inclusion of real-life examples also helped him to fully appreciate the project management concept in a practical environment. The practice questions as well as the exam tips included in each chapter also helped him well prepared for the exam.
J. Earles commented that this PMP® book included all the information required for the CAPM® exam and he could depend on this book to pass his CAPM® exam. This book helped him to understand the project management concepts rather than having to memorize a bunch of information. The exam tips, exercises, glossary and practice exam questions were essential to help him know what were important for the real CAPM® exam and thus he could focus on those areas. This book broke down the PMBOK® Guide Guide into easily digestible pieces for understanding as well as learning the concepts by heart. One thing he found not so great was that as this book was intended for both CAPM® and PMP® aspirants, the contents were a bit too over-whelming for CAPM® students. He would like the author to consider publishing a book dedicated for CAPM® exam.
About the Author of the PMP® Book
Joseph Phillips, PMP®, CompTIA Project+, CompTIA CTT+, is a seasoned project manager and project management consultant. He has been involving in project management education for over 12 years. He is currently the director of education for Project Seminars, Inc., a company dedicated to the advancement of project management. He has authored a number of best-selling exam prep books.
Take a Look Inside the PMP® Book
Preview of the CAPM®/PMP® Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide is available at the Amazon (The links to Amazon are affiliate links, meaning that your purchase through this link will allow me to earn a little money to keep this website running, thank you!) website, you can simply click on the following link to browse through some pages of the PMP® book.